Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Just so you know

If you're in Italy and you see a little punk running away with a non man purse in his hand, this is what you say, "Ladro! Non rubi la borsa!" "Thief, do not steal the purse." Unfortunately last night I was not aware of how to say this. My friend and I were at the park, just walking around, when we saw a man running with a woman's purse in his hand. At first I thought he was carrying it for someone but I saw no girl in site.

Note to family: I do not approach sketch people or people who look harmful. He looked like a little punk who didn't know what he was doing. You do not haul ass in the other direction with a purse, you blend with the crowd...duh. (ps I've been watching too many usa marathons back home)

So being concerned with this at the time, I start running after him saying, "Stop! That is not your purse!!" The kid turns around, looks confused, ( I am speaking English) and continues to run. I start running after him saying, "You should not steal, it's not right!" He stops and meets up with a friend and they're talking. I show up, give them a look of dissapproval and say, "La borsa...not yours." and then walk away. They continue to look really confused, try to speak in English and then give up. What was I going to do with the purse? I didn't know who it belonged to, and I didn't want to make a whole ordeal about it by going to the police. But now they know I do not approve of stealing, and maybe in the future they will be smarter than that. Punks.

No comments:

Post a Comment