Monday, April 18, 2011

Speeding Tickets

Are no bueno! Several weeks ago I was heading to Tulsa to attend a friend's bridal shower, and was blasting the music in road trip mode, and wasn't paying attention to the fact that I was no longer in a 70 MPH and the speed limit dropped to 60.

But let's take a little side trip story about 35N from Norman to Oklahoma City. Norman's speed limits are 60-65. Moore it goes up to 70 then back down to 65 then Oklahoma City it's 60. This is in a span of a mile. And the cop in the motorcycle was just waiting for me.

Ok so I get pulled over (note: the only time I was pulled over was because I had a broken tail light and he just wanted me to know.) and this guy was pretty decent except for the fact that he still gave me a ticket.

Not blaming anyone because I was speeding, but this whole process of getting rid of it is a pain in the ass. Since I've never been pulled over for speeding, I was given the option of taking driver improvement school so the citation could be off my record and my insurance won't go up. Clearly I like this route since it also is cheaper than just paying the fine. I immediately call the next day but my citation hasn't been filed yet and won't be filed for another seven days. She just said to call back when it's been filed. So after I received my pay check which was last Friday, I wait till today and apparently I have to go to court in the city to sign up for these stupid classes. Pain in my ass. Who knew a damn ticket would be so annoying? Never again.

No comments:

Post a Comment