Thursday, March 11, 2010

Exchanging of words

So I am a part of a language exchange program in Arezzo where we meet with a group of Italian students to help them with whatever they need for their English exams, and of course if we need help with our Italian, they can help us with that. We are each assigned a person, and then we get together on our own accord. I was assigned to a sweet girl named Michaela, who took me to her dorm room to meet her two roommates who are also very sweet. They knew some English, but guess who got to speak in Italian for two hours? Yours truly. It was weird because yes I did have to think about it, but once I was on a subject, I just started spewing words out...and they were the ones I wanted to say! We talked about Arezzo, (they hate it because it's full of spoiled brats and it's too small...they're from other cities in Italy mainly the South), music (they're burning me a cd!), other things, I talked to one of their parents on the phone in English because they wanted me to speak English, and towards the end, we started singing Bocelli and Katy Perry. After the meeting, I celebrated by going to Blooms and ordering a cheeseburger and french fries.

I know this will be difficult to comprehend if you know my obsession with carbs, but I am sick of them. I need more meat. I'm slightly sick of pasta, bread, crackers, all of it. I need more hamburgers, and chicken sandwhiches, and tacos, and fajitas. I'm becoming a vegetarian without meaning to. At least I'm discovering this now before I develop an unhealthy veg diet. You know the one where they just eat carbs and don't take the necessary vitamins or don't eat from the other food groups, and then develop this kind of stomach thing where they kind of look preggers but it's pudgy. Calm down veggies, I'm not saying all of you have it, but I refuse. I'm going to Rome next weekend and I'm going to Hard Rock cafe. It is settled. Ok rant done. Ciao ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment