Thursday, March 4, 2010

I am the next Ina Garten

Ok so even if you met me for two seconds you will know this. I do not cook. I do not spend time in the kitchen, and I could care less about cooking things. I mean for Christ sakes when I was three, my parents got me a kitchen set complete with dishes and silverware, and fake food. I only used that thing for the phone. Who knew that would be a foreshadowing of my lack of kitchen skills.

But here I really don't have a choice. If I want to live and not be broke, I have to cook. The food network website is my life. I wouldn't know what to do without it. Yesterday was a cooking day for sure. I was adamant about getting tomato soup (they don't have campbells here people and though they have every other tomato thing you can think of they don't have canned tomato soup.) So I got ingredients and made the damn soup. Not bad, I still like Campbells better, but what can you do? Then I made pancakes for dinner from scratch and my God were they good. Italy along with the rest of Europe believe breakfast is a croissant and a cappucino. Though I love both of those things, it would be nice to have a bagel or waffles or something of the sort every once in a while. I also have a recipe for ranch dip and after my sesta (what I call a nap, fiesta in Spanish translates to Festa in Italian, so I thought, as well as lots of Americans thought it would be logical to translate siesta to sesta.) But yes we'll see how that turns out.

My Italian class is all done! This is the last one I'll take during my college career. It's hard to believe I've been taking Italian for the past six years. We're going to Pisa and Lucca with our class tomorrow and Saturday a group of us are taking the train to Cortona for an inexpensive wine tasting. I'm very excited. A presto!

No comments:

Post a Comment