Sunday, May 23, 2010

Ibiza

Ok so here's what went down:

As ya'll know, there is a pesky volcano in Iceland that has been enjoying ruining European travel plans. I was in Florence with Brittany when I received a call from Kayla saying, "our flight has been cancelled." I responded to this statement with a certain favorite f word. So when I got home from Florence, I checked the computer and sure enough it was cancelled. Later that night, my roommate Halie and I decided to trade songs on the computer and stay up until 4 am. Before we went to bed we thought it would be a good idea to check the flight just in case. Next to our flight it said ON TIME. We looked at eachother and were like "ahhhh it's not cancelled!!....SHIT WE NEED TO BE AT THE TRAIN STATION IN THREE HOURS AND WE HAVE TO PACK!" So we slept for an hour, and got ready.

The original count for this trip was nine...three showed up. Halie, Kayla, and I are troopers! As we got on the plane Halie said, "You smell that? That's the smell of volcanic ash." I was like "Halie that's not funny!" So Ryanair flew us to beautiful Ibiza. We got to the hostel, and then headed to the "Rubbish beach" as the Brits told us. We passed out pretty early. We woke up the next morning and went to another beach. The day was spent relaxing with a book. The water was freezing but we decided to test it out anyways. Apparently Halie hates jelly fish, and we saw a few in the water. I told her it would be fine because I was on jelly fish duty, and that "I got this." Well ok so I got distracted, there were cute Irish boys in the water. When I look down there's a jelly fish extremely close to me, so I scream "JELLY FISH AHHH" and haul ass to shore. Halie is still in the water screaming "WHERE WHERE" as she's running towards it. As I'm screaming to her where it is she sees it and proceeds to run to shore. Eventful part of the day. Cute Irish boys spoke to us later, and mentioned they heard us screaming earlier. oops.

Fun trip! Kayla got a bit too much sun, Halie got tan, and I'm still pale. Story of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment