Sunday, May 23, 2010

Paris

Paris was absolutely stunning! I felt there was so much to do and that I only did a small portion of it. I flew in on a Monday evening during a beautiful sunset. Paris Beauvais is in the middle of nowhere, and it took about two hours to get into actual Paris. The Italians and I bonded during the bus trip because none of us spoke French, so we stuck together. Paris, to me, felt like an American city. Other than London, Paris was the only place where I saw a lot of skyscrapers, and a freeway system with lots of lanes of traffic.

I will say this now because I'm home safe and sound, so my parents can't scold me, but I totally did the subway system by myself at midnight to get to the hostel. It was slightly scary, but I held my own and looked confident. There was a group of gypsies eyeing me and then pointed at me to their friends, but I just stared them down, and then they backed off. Nothing got stolen so success!!

Ok so I only came across one asshole Parisian. This guy was in charge of the hostel. Other Parisians were actually really nice to me. But this guy, forget it. I can't remember the stuff he said but he was rude.

Ok so Robyn, Mason, and I woke up and took the metro to Versailles. Versailles is sooo pretty. The Hall of Mirrors was absolutely beautiful. Everything was so lavish, and awesome. I went through a Marie Antoinette phase when I was younger because I read a few books in 5th grade, so it was pretty awesome to see a palace I've been wanting to see for ten years.

Later that day, we decided to go to Notre Dame. Beautiful stain glass windows. Ridiculously huge. Freaking sweet.

The next day was dedicated to the Louvre and the Eiffel Tower. Louvre=most overwhelming museum since the National Gallery of London. I can't believe how many pieces are in there. The Eiffel Tower was my favorite part though. Sitting with a glass of wine, a chocolate banana crepe, with good friends made this ideal. We got to see it sparkle and then went to the third level to see the view.

Things to do when I go back:
1. If I don't get one here, I will be purchasing a Longchamp bag. I meant to do it in Paris but didn't come across a store. I saw some in Nordstrom, but I would need to save 98$. Unfortunately that'll probably be needed for an ipod shuffle since my classic died.
2. Musee de orse (spelling?) So sad I didn't go.
3. San Chapelle.
4. Moulin Rouge

No comments:

Post a Comment