Sunday, May 23, 2010

What I miss/not

It's been a week since I left Italy. Italy has been good to me. I explained it to a friend this way: "I love the U.S. The United States is the love of my life, my home, but damn Italy is good in bed." It's the only way I could describe it. haha.

The things I miss:
my friends
my old apartment (oddly enough)
train transportation
walking everywhere
Aurora and Chico
Blooms and Davide
Costanti, the cute guy who works there, their aperitivi, and their Bloody Marys
close distance to Florence
clapping after a Ryan Air flight
Europe in general
riposa
loud chanting
good food
H&M
"bee boop (british accent) the train arriving from (Italian)Firenze Santa Maria Novella (British Accent) will be arriving on platform four.
rocking out in Santa Prisca (grocery store)

Things I don't miss:
My ten lbs I gained in Italy (seriously looks like I got a boob job and a j-lo ass)
slow internet
squeaky beds
non diverse food
my landlord
running out of water
not having a dryer
not having a dishwasher

So far at home, I've been fascinated with my television since I haven't watched it in months, other than online shows. Houston is hot and humid, so staying inside is a must. I was carded for the first time as a 21 year old the other day, so I was excited about that. Other than that not much going on. I'll be in Baltimore this weekend for a wedding, which I'm very excited about. My cousin graduates this weekend as well. And I move to Norman the following weekend, where I'll be until I graduate this December. It's going to be interesting. Not really sure if I want this to be the last entry or not. We'll see. Until then Arrivederci e ciao!


No comments:

Post a Comment